The Raquette River Blueway Trail has a variety of opportunities for hikers from long distance backpacking on the Northville-Lake Placid Trail to day hikes to the summit of Mt. Arab or along the river on the Stone Valley and Red Sandstone Trails. The Laurentian Chapter of the Adirondack Mountain Club has regularly scheduled year-round excursions that welcome visitors and newcomers to the region, visit their website at: adklaurentian.org.
Popular hikes along the Raquette River Blueway Trail include:
- The Northville Placid Trail near the hamlets of Blue Mountain and Long Lakes.
- The Axton Landing Trail between Tupper Lake and Long Lake.
- The Bear Brook Trail at Carry Falls Reservoir
- The Stone Valley Trail in Colton, a 7 mile long loop between the hamlet of Colton and Brown’s Bridge.
- The Red Sandstone Trail a 4 mile long trail between the hamlet of Hannawa Falls and the Town of Potsdam.